Friday, February 19, 2010

Toxic Workplace, Part II

In my last blog I talked about the argument between my friend Liz and I regarding her little plot to bring complaints about a jerk at work to management. Over the last week, we haven't been working due to mid-winter break, so she and I haven't seen each other since last Thursday morning when she exploded at me in anger.

This morning, over Facebook, I got a message from Liz's account that said:

"We need to work this out, so try and find some time to talk with me Monday if you aren't too busy and if you are interested"

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but it feels to me as though she is putting all of this on me when she is the one with the issue. As far as I'm concerned, I didn't do anything wrong. I took the problem to a shop steward which is what we are supposed to do at work and Liz is upset because she doesn't trust the shop steward.

I still don't see her problem with all of this. Her goal was to take the issue to our manager because he is too out of touch with his employees to see what is really going on. Well, if the shop steward I talked to goes take this to our manager then Liz's goal will be accomplished.

To me it seems as though Liz is fishing for an apology from me and unfortunately, the only one I'll be able to give her is "I am sorry that you over reacted to this entire situation." Maybe that makes me a bad person...

No comments: