Sunday, May 9, 2010

60 Days, 30lbs - Day 14 304lbs

Grrr! I weighed myself this morning and I didn't lose anything from last week. I sort of fell off the wagon - eating things I shouldn't eat and not working out enough. Oh well, at least I didn't gain anything.

Last Friday I went to see Captain Smartypants at Seattle Town Hall. They are a small singing group affiliated with the Seattle Men's Chorus. As this is their 10th anniversary, they celebrated by performing a "best of" collection of performances over the years. As always, the show was fantastic and I am tempted to buy another ticket to see the show again in a couple weeks. I need to be careful, though, because I've already bought a ticket to Stars on Ice at the end of May and a ticket to the SMC concert Glitter and be Gay.

I am still stressed about the potential for fewer hours at work next year. My brother and his wife are thinking about taking an Alaskan cruise this summer and invited me along, but I am struggling with the idea of paying for a cruise in light of my worries about next year. I love Alaska (despite a former governor) and could really use a vacation, but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

I finally watched The Blind Side yesterday and loved it. Sandra Bullock definitely deserved to win the Oscar for her performance. Yes, I cried at the end.

Betty White was on Saturday Night live last night and it was easily the best episode since Tina Fey as Palin. She truly is America's gem! They even brought back many former SNL alum: Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Anna Gasteyer, Amy Phoeller, Maya Rudolph... It was a really fun show to watch, though I did fast forward through the Jay-Z performances. Just not my style of music.

I am thinking that I won't be able to make my 30lb goal by the end of June. I thought it would be easily attainable, but it would seem as though those days when I was young and could take off weight faster I behind me. I saw myself in the mirror a couple days ago and had to wonder where the old guy with gray hair came from - I sure didn't invite him!

*sigh*

No comments: