Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Movie Night #1 - The Scream Team


It has become a tradition for me to watch a Halloween or Horror movie every night during October, but this will be my first year blogging about it.

For Night #1, I chose a movie called The Scream Team (2002). I had recorded the movie on Tivo last year, but never watched it, so I killed two birds with one viewing - I watched the movie and made room on my usually full Tivo.

There were some well-known actors in the movie, my favorite being Kathy Najimy from Sister Act fame. Her part wasn't huge in the movie, but she was, as always, funny. Eric Idle played an aging ghost (is that even possible?) and comedian Tommy Davidson played his sidekick.

The story involves a brother and sister who arrive at a town plagued by a pyromaniac ghost who died 300 years ago. Their grandfather has recently passed away and they quickly discover that his spirit hasn't moved on. Worse still, their grandfather is kidnapped by this pyromaniac ghost and his soul is used to help fuel the revenge the pyromaniac ghost is seeking for his sullied bad name in the town.

It was a goofy yet very cute movie.

1 comment:

RJH said...

I Liked this movie when I saw it on ABC family a few years back