Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halloween Movie Night #6 - Trick 'r Treat


Tonight's Halloween movie was Trick 'r Treat. A friend who is reading my blog suggested a list of Halloween movies and specials and this one was on it. I happened to see it at Best Buy for $10 on blu ray and after reading some reviews (and seeing that True Blood's Anna Pacquin is in it) I ended up buying it. Thank you, Ryan! This movie was awesome!

So far the movies I have blogged about have been Disney fare, cute Halloween movies and specials that really pose not much of a threat. But Trick 'r Treat? This is the EXACT opposite of anything Disney (unless you count the horror or Eisner's last years, which come pretty close).

The film involves four stories with no real link except a kid wearing a burlap sack over his head and an orange jumpsuit. We never learn his name, but Wikipedia told me he is Sam. Okie dokie.

I can't even begin to explain the stories. Saying anything about them gives away the fun of experiencing them as they happen. Just know that they are sick, twisted, terrible and REALLY awesome! They are laid out in such a way that characters major to one story are shown in the background for others, to help establish the timeline. I love this kind of story telling where you see the same story from different vantage points.

On the blu ray's cover, there was a promise that this movie is "The best horror anthology in years." If it isn't, I don't know what is.

No comments: